Service Structure Effective Sunday, November 21, 2021
As announced, starting Sunday, November 21st, we will make the following changes to our Sunday morning service.- Our Service will start with communion, followed by music and preaching.
- The communion portion of the service will include approximately 25 minutes of open time. See below for details.
- Music team will lead songs following communion. Preaching will follow the singing.
- We expect the service to be about 1.5+ hours in length.
We will continue to follow provincial and health unit guidelines. You will still be required to signup in advance for the service. The entire Sunday Service will continue to be streamed for those attending from home. For these reasons, we will follow this order.- Communion time will begin at 9:30 AM.
- A designated person will share a brief scripture and sharing and pray.
- Men who are led to share a scripture and / or pray, must go to the front of the auditorium. We ask that those sharing limit their time to 3 to 5 minutes in total, to allow others to participate.
- Remember we are streaming. Do not include any references to people’s names and personal stories.
- Our focus during this time is on the person and work of Christ. Sharing, prayers and songs should point us to Christ.
- Songs may be requested from your chair. We will accompany with piano and guitar. Songs must be given out from Southdale’s Communion songbook (available when you arrive). Click for online link.
- At this time, we will designate one or two men to give thanks for the emblems at approximately 10:00 AM.
- Emblems will be provided by the ushers when you arrive. You may also bring emblems from home, if desired. No offering will be taken during the service, but you can put your offering in the box at the back of the auditorium (or use other electronic options).
- Following the emblems, the music team will lead the singing and the service will conclude with preaching and prayer.We are looking forward to this new step in returning to our pre-pandemic service structure.
Southdale Bible Chapel Elders